Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting here!

Things to do before departing.


-visa: get as soon as possible, you can contact the italian embassy in Baltimore and they will check the paper work and send it to the right place. remember to ask for the sealed letters back. (you'll know what i mean when you get it from SACI)
-BANK: make sure your cards will work in Europe, or you have a way of getting money while you are here. call their 800 number to activate the card in Europe so they don't freeze your card thinking is some thief going on a shopping spree in Italy!!!
-pack some supplies, I was able to bring some oils with me. bring a good four hundred Euros for at least the first week of the SACI program cuz half of it will go on the first day between fees and food and having fun.
-CAMERA!- bring charger, and converter for the charger. The apt comes with at least one charger but you'll need at least one more. Make sure it works for your camera, if it needs a special adapter, especially for your computer. (though I'm just using the adapters provided and it's working fine, but if you have a newer model then you might want to reconsider my advise!)
-PHONE!: if you can get the sim card from your phone unlocked, it will save you SO much money, and you can save all the numbers you get here... like the... emergency n u m b e rs o_O.


SO these are some of the tips I have for pre-departure, because I'm having problems with some of these already. The major one being the money issue, but it should be fine now. The apartment is really cute, it has three bedrooms, and I'm living with three other SACI students, Emma, David, and Morgan. I'm glad they are my roommies!

I don't think I've taken pics of the apt but i have of the city and the plane ride so I'll show those now!
Germany!






No comments:

Post a Comment